Action Steps After a Taxi or Uber/Lyft Accident in Maine
You may have never thought about this, but what happens if the taxi, Uber, or Lyft service giving you a ride home from the airport or after a night out gets in a vehicle crash?
Following these action steps after an accident involving a taxicab or ride-share service like Uber or Lyft can help to protect your rights and make it easier to recover compensation for damages.
- Call 9-1-1 if no one else has called. Ensure that a police report has been filed and request a copy for your documentation.
- Document the scene of the accident. Use your phone to photograph the damage to the vehicles, the general location, and the area the accident occurred.
- Get information from any witnesses, including their names and contact information.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries. It’s often a good idea to see a doctor immediately, even if you don’t feel as though you were seriously injured, as you may be feeling worse a day or two after the accident.
- Speak with a legal professional to determine the best course of action to protect yourself.