Hardy Wolf & Downing have been helping victims of personal injury in and around Portland, Maine for over 40 years. If you or a loved one has been injured due to negligence in our state, we have the experience and resources to help you recover significant compensation. Call today for a free legal consultation. We charge no legal fees unless we a recover monetary reward in your case.
Hardy Wolf & Downing are reputable Maine personal injury attorneys aligned with a network of equally experienced investigators, medical professionals, and other relevant experts who work together to get victims of negligence the compensation and justice they deserve. Our team is ready to help. Call for a free case evaluation of your potential claim.
Personal injuries can happen in just about any setting – and if someone is harmed by another’s carelessness, there may be grounds for legal recourse. Maine sees 512 injury-related emergency room visits each day.
The leading causes of personal injury in Maine are:
- Motor Vehicle Crashes
- Slip and Falls
- Fires and Burns
What are Your Legal Rights
Victims of personal injury are often entitled to compensation from the at-fault party or parties. But this right of recovery comes with responsibilities as well in order to recover, a plaintiff must be able to establish each of the elements required for that particular type of injury. He or she must also file their personal injury lawsuit within the statute of limitations – again, this varies depending on the type and cause of injury. A personal injury lawyer can help you meet these requirements.
A personal injury claim can compensate for some of the loss that occurs; financial recovery can include:
- Medical expenses – both those already incurred and those that are anticipated
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering and, in certain cases, emotional distress
- Loss of consortium – the companionship, care, household services, and income of an injured spouse
- Punitive damages in cases of extreme behavior
There are many factors involved in proving the elements of a personal injury claim in Maine. For example, medical experts may be necessary to prove the extent of the physical injury. Financial analysts may be needed to establish the economic impact of a serious injury. But rest assured – the attorneys at Hardy, Wolf & Downing have a proven track record in successfully litigating and settling cases arising from negligence, malpractice, defective products, and premises liability.
What to Do If You are Injured
If you or a family member is the victim of a personal injury, there are steps you can take to protect your potential claim. These include:
- Take photographs of the area or factors involved in the accident
- Get the names and contact information for witnesses
- Cooperate with the police
- Document your injuries – including reporting them to the police and paramedics and visiting a doctor or hospital as soon as possible. Pain usually becomes more severe over the first couple of days so do not wait to see if it gets better
- Speak to an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as you suspect that another party may be at fault
- Do not sign any releases without your attorney’s advice
Hardy, Wolf & Downing, Helping Injury Victims in Portland, Maine
With nearly four decades of experience representing personal injury victims in Maine, Hardy Wolf & Downing is a uniquely qualified law firm. Each member of the firm speaks the language of both the law and the medicine involved in personal injury – and they collectively have won over $100 million in personal injury awards for their clients. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, please call 1-800-992-7333 at any time, day or night.
Free Lawsuit Review
We want to help! You may be eligible for financial compensation, contact us today.