Injured Mainers: You know that if you’ve been in an accident, you need a good Maine attorney. After all, this decision could literally be worth thousands of dollars and save or cause you countless suffering. Hardy Wolf & Downing serve Portland, Lewiston, Auburn, Bangor, and all surrounding areas of Southern and Central Maine, and are available to answer any questions you have about the litigation process in this state and your potential personal injury lawsuit.
But before you call, take a minute to learn how to choose a Maine attorney that will stand by you and fight for your deserved compensation.
Find quality and avoid snake oil by following our five simple guidelines:
- Look for a lawyer who’s more than bark. You want someone who will fight to get the fair compensation you deserve, even if it means taking the insurance company to court. Insurance companies won’t take you seriously unless they know your attorney is ready to fight to the end. Some attorneys who advertise on TV talk tough, but when the heat is on, they refer the court cases to other law firms who pay them for the referral.
- Seek out experience. Not only do you need an attorney who knows Maine law very well, but a law firm that has been around for many years will have a reputation that can help you determine if they’re someone you want to do business with. Seek an attorney from an office that demonstrates integrity, accountability, and service to their local area for the long haul.
- Get credible references. Ask family, friends, judges, doctors and anyone else familiar with personal injury matters for personal recommendations. Chances are, someone you know has been through something similar as you and their experience can help steer you in the right direction. Especially pay attention to ex-insurance company claims people who remember what it’s like to be on the other side of tough Maine attorneys.
- Insist on a free visit. Make sure the Maine attorney you choose permits a free first visit to see if you like the lawyer and if he/she can do the case. Ask the lawyer you see whether that lawyer (and not some other firm) will handle the case from that day to court if necessary — some firms advertising on TV just refer to others lawyers.
- Ask questions of the lawyer you meet. Ask about the process, the time involved and how it works. A good attorney will listen to your concerns and address them; others will tire of you or answer you dismissively. Beware of an attorney who doesn’t respect you before you’re a client.
When you retain Hardy, Wolf & Downing, you join thousands of other Mainers who’ve chosen to work with a personal injury law firm that can boast combined trial experience of over 80 years. Our track record speaks for itself. We go the extra mile to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Not all Maine attorneys are equal — trust Hardy, Wolf & Downing to take care of you before, during, and after your case.
Contact our Maine attorneys to talk about your case today.
Free Lawsuit Review
We want to help! You may be eligible for financial compensation, contact us today.